The Point of Sale screen is the most sctive part of the AMBITious POS system. This screen provides the resources counter personnel need to do their job of serving customer. This includes not only creating invoices, it also includes receiving payments on account, handling layaways and gift cards, looking up and printing previous invoices.
Stores vary in how the do business. Some have a register with one cashier for the shift. Others have several clerks who use any available register. Some want their clerks to only ring up items and take money. Others want their clers to be able to provide a significant amount of service (take payments, reprint statements, create bids and special orders…). AMBITious POS can be configured to show and allow the clerks to perform the actions needed to do their job. These configurations are workstation clerk specific so the clerk running a lane has different options from the clerk at the contractor counter.
- All information for the sale is visible at all times.
- Function keys can be configured based on the common activities at the workstation
- Each line item can have a different tax code
- Tax codes can be assigned colors to highlight tax rated for each item
- Place an Invoice on hold while the customer gets “one more thing”
- Multiple methose of payment can be accepted for one invoice
- Accept Payments on Account at the register
- Check Inventory at other stores
- Bids and Sales Orders can easily be imported into an invoice
- Price includes all relevant discounts (quantity discount, sale event, contractor discount, bid price…)
- Customer specific messages to the clerk can be added by the back office staff to display at the beginning or end of a transaction
- Quantity on hand and on order may optionally be displayed
- Name and address can be set for customers without having to create an account
- Purchases with gift cards include the current balance on the gift card
- Layaway payments include history of layaway payments on receipt
- Gift Card history can be printed
- Customer statements can be reprinted at the register
- Invoices can be e-mailed automatically to the customer at the time of purchase
- Additional devices (pole display, mini-monitor) can show customer invoice information while the sale is entered
- Layaways – set minimum payments and refund/restocking fees
- In-House Gift Cards – no fees
- Scan Credit and Debit cards, processing through Internet for lowest rate
- Returns are applied against specific invoices. If a customer returns an item, the clerk can see the price they actually paid for the item and the appropriate price is refunded or credited to their account.